SOTA - Summits on the Air
Our second SOTA activation for 2018 is done. Monika (DL6SCF) and I activated the "Michelsberg" DM/BW-855. Beautiful weather - very sunny but not too warm. The CONDX where horrible. Deep QSB from S0 up to S9 from Spain und into the UK - very frustrating.
My current working conditions for SOTA are:
- ELECRAFT KX3. With its build in antenna tuner it does a quite remarkable job.
- For the power I use a LiFePO4 battery with 12V 6,6Ah with a build in BMS.
- Microphone for the SSB contacts is the stock-mike from ELECRAFT.
- For CW I use the Palm Pico Paddle.
- Antenna is a HYENDFED 3-band antenna.
- Flight-Deck for KX3
- A 10m fibre pole from DX-Wire - MINI
- Some velcro-straps
Starting point was a clipboard which can be found for some bucks at AMAZON. In the lower section, I can simply secure my log sheets with the strong clip.
During a business trip, I took the chance to activate a mountain in the Bavarian low mountains - Kleiner Kulm.